Remix the commons is a non-profit collective that operates in a collaborative and decentralized mode. Voluntary membership is based on the active and recognized contribution of its members to its activities. The members of the collective propose and develop projects that are organized autonomously according to the principles described in the Remix the commons charter.
A Governance Circle, composed of volunteer members of the Association, meets monthly to ensure that the collective’s actions are in line with mission and strategic orientations of Remix the commons. The Governance Circle makes decisions on :
- the allocation of the Association’s resources to projects,
- the establishment of partnerships,
- the admission of new members,
- the association’s position statements,
- or any other matter relating to the administration and relationships of the Association.
Finally, the Assembly General of the Association meets once a year to update the project and to renew the Circle of Governance.
On Remix’s wiki, you will find a presentation of the project since its foundation in 2010, the list of the members of the collegial governance (Circle of governance), statutes and internal rules of the association.